April 24, 2019
Thigh Lift Lloyd Hannis|Dr Daniel Saco Vertiz, dr flavio nicolich, English Speaking doctors in Lima Peru, Plastic Surgery in Lima Peru, Thigh Lift, Thighplasty
A thigh lift is a tried and tested, successful body contouring treatment which involves the removal of excess skin and fat from either the inner or outer thighs. If you have undergone bariatric weight loss treatment, or dieting and exercise have failed, then you are an ideal candidate for this treatment.
If you are committed to a healthy lifestyle and keeping to moderate weight, then a thigh lift can help you regain the youthful thigh contours you desire.
When to Consider a Thigh Lift
You should consider a thigh lift if you want them to have a better, more proportional contour, plus a firmer look and feel. This can also be considered by people who are distressed or concerned about loose and saggy skin on their thighs. Finally, if getting into clothing has become difficult because of heavy thighs, then a thigh lift could be the best option.
What do I Need to Know?
There are two options:
- Medial, inner thigh lift. To remove the excess skin and tissue in this area, an incision is made in the groin area so that the excess can be removed. This may be combined with a liposuction treatment, depending on your circumstances. The area from the groin to the knee is recontoured. This procedure is then repeated on the other thigh.
- Lateral, outer thigh lift. This treatment is more complicated and can include recontouring of the buttocks in addition to the outer thighs because more tissue is removed. Again, liposuction can be used to help remove excess fatty tissue.
How do I know Which Option is Best?
A detailed physical examination is required as well as a review of your medical history. Our specialist will discuss the options with you and explain the pros and cons of each. He will listen carefully to what you want to change, so this is the time to be totally up front and direct! 🙂
How to Prepare for a Thigh Lift Treatment
In advance of your procedure, you will need to:
- Stop smoking before undergoing surgery as this promotes better healing.
- Avoid taking aspirin, blood thinners, certain anti-inflammatory drugs and some herbal medications that can cause increased bleeding.
- Maintaining good hydration is very important before and after surgery for safe recovery.
- Our specialist surgeon will need to be sure that you have maintained a stable weight for a significant period of time, since regaining weight can jeopardize the effects of the thigh lift.
Immediately After Your Thigh Lift
Although your new smooth contours will be visible immediately after surgery, there will be a period of bruising, swelling and soreness. This is totally normal and to be expected during the first two weeks. Physical activity needs to be limited during this time.
Thigh Lift Recovery Time
We recommend that someone stay with you for the first two or three days to help with regular, daily routines at home.
During the first ten to fourteen days, it is very important that your physical activity be minimal. Only engage in light activities during this period.
Walking, sitting and bending all put extra stress on the sutured areas, so taking extra care is extremely important during the initial two weeks.
Swelling and bruising should disappear after the initial two or three weeks have passed.
Driving and normal walking can be resumed after two or three weeks have passed. However, this depends on your circumstances, healing and how you feel.
How Long Do Results Last?
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, stable weight and even a fitness program can all contribute to the long term results of a thigh lift. You will have regular appointments with the specialist to monitor progress and results.
WHICH SURGEON TO CHOOSE?
Firstly, do your homework! Check out Peru’s medical college website (Colegio Medico del Peru) and see if the doctor really has a RNE (National Registry of Specialist) license. Many doctors only have a CMP license, but this is not enough for invasive, specialist procedures.
Finally, talk to us. Make contact and have an in-depth conversation is a good starting point. This is important because you get a feel for the type of clinic we are and the service you can expect to receive.
Dr Flavio Nicolich, Specialist
Dr Daniel Saco-Vertiz, Specialist
SOUNDS INTERESTING? CONTACT US
For additional information or to schedule an appointment with one of our Specialists, please contact us. Leave us a message asking for a video call or a regular call, and we’ll be back with you shortly.
On the other hand, if you use WhatsApp, then this is safe, fast, and effective for rapid communication.