Lima is a five hour flight from Miami and is the capital of Peru, situated on its central coast. It was founded in 1535 by Spanish Conquistador Francisco Pizarro, who named it ‘City of the Kings’.
It is a bustling cosmopolitan city of around 10 million inhabitants and is the third largest city in Latin America, behind Sao Paolo and Mexico City. The relative safety of Peru along with its pleasant climate, favorable exchange rate and geographical diversity make it a great destination for tourism.
The weather is normally very warm between December and May. Coastal fog cools the air between June and November due to a turn in ocean tides. However, as a desert city, rainfall is very rare in Lima, so no need to bring waterproofs! Temperatures rarely fall below 14 °C (57 °F) or rise above 29 °C (84 °F) throughout the entire year, though it is always very humid.
The local currency is the Peruvian Nuevo Sol, but US Dollars are widely accepted almost everywhere. If you are planning to bring US Dollars, make sure your bills have no marks and are not torn otherwise they may not be accepted. Our advice is to bring new bills.
• Help and support 24/7 from our Manager in Lima, Lloyd Hannis
• Treatment information • Treatment Estimates
• WhatsApp (+51) 977 547 437
Other things we can include!
• Transfers from Lima airport to your accommodation and appointments by our close friend, Walter Clark.
• Walter is from the US and has lived in Lima with his family for several years. A firm favorite among expats and foreigners living in Lima, Walter has an impeccable reputation and offers around-the-clock service.
• Walter runs an officially licensed and professional driver service in Lima. You can book through us, or directly with him at https://gringotaxis.com/
• Private transportation to your chosen accommodation and appointments.
• Accommodation reservations
• Appointment coordination
Between us, we will make your trip to Lima as stress-free as possible and will arrange every aspect of your stay for you. It is important to us that you are taken care of and that you don’t need to worry about the little details because that is what we are here for.
For the last ten years, many of our patients have stayed with our friends, Emma and Alfonso Wu. They offer low-cost, safe, and comfortable accommodation in the center of the very popular Miraflores district. Emma speaks good English and is super friendly! Ask us for more details about this option.
There are also many other options for hotels or apartments in Lima which cater for all budgets and all expectations. We’ll need to know more about you and your budget in order to send you appropriate details from our portfolio.