March 24, 2021
Mini abdominoplasty Lloyd|Dr Daniel Saco Vertiz, dr daniel sacovertz, dr flavio nicolich, Mini Abdominoplasty in Lima, mini tummy tuck, Plastic surgery in Peru
Currently, there is a wide variety of treatments focused on achieving a perfect abdomen. These procedures are focused on eliminating fat, sagging, and excess skin in the abdominal area. The mini abdominoplasty (also known as a mini tummy tuck) is one of these treatments.
The mini tummy tuck is one of the best treatments for patients who do not have so much to correct. It offers them a fast, effective and aesthetic solution, with results from the first week.
If you have tried exercises and diets, but you still have sagging skin that, despite not being excessive, is unsightly, the mini abdominoplasty is for you.
What is the mini abdominoplasty?
The mini abdominoplasty or ‘partial tummy tuck’ is a less invasive procedure compared to the traditional abdominoplasty.
While the traditional surgery focuses on improving the entire abdomen, the mini abdominoplasty only works the area below the belly button. Due to this, it is recommended for patients with not so much excess skin or fat.
The mini abdominoplasty focuses on removing excess skin in the suprapubic area and removing fat using liposuction techniques.
A small incision is made in the bikini area to achieve greater aesthetics. After removing the fat and tightening the muscles, the skin is stretched downward to trim excess tissue.
Who can have a mini abdominoplasty?
This surgical procedure is not for everyone. It is ideal for patients with a reduced amount of abdominal fat and skin to remove. For example:
- Women who, due to pregnancy, have not been able to regain the shape or firmness of their abdomen.
- Patients who, due to aging, the abdominal skin is beginning to sag.
- Also, patients who have a slim abdomen and wish to achieve a better figure.
- Finally, patients who, due to excessive weight loss, have flaccidity with sagging skin and abdominal muscles.
What are the differences between a mini abdominoplasty and a traditional abdominoplasty?
- The main difference is the amount of skin to be removed. The mini abdominoplasty is ideal for people with not so much excess fat or skin.
- The scar from a mini abdominoplasty is minor. It is similar to that of a caesarean section and is performed on the bikini line to achieve better and smoother aesthetics. On the other hand, with the traditional abdominoplasty is performed above the abdomen and in some cases up to the waist.
- The mini abdominoplasty focuses on repairing and tightening the skin in the area below the belly button. Unlike the traditional tummy tuck that works the entire abdomen.
How is the recovery time?
During the first 3 or 4 days after surgery, the discomfort is greater. After that time, almost normal life can be led, although with some minor discomfort for the first few weeks.
Pain and discomfort are minimized by taking the medication we prescribe.
The patient will feel fine after a few weeks. Some patients return to work in just 2 weeks’ time, while others require a little more time for rest and recovery.
Finally, it is important that the patient follow the specialist’s instructions to achieve a successful recovery.
WHICH SURGEON TO CHOOSE?
Firstly, do your homework! Check out Peru’s medical college website (Colegio Medico del Peru) and see if the doctor really has a RNE (National Registry of Specialist) license. Many doctors only have a CMP license, but this is not enough for invasive, specialist procedures.
Finally, talk to us. Make contact and have an in-depth conversation is a good starting point. This is important because you get a feel for the type of clinic we are and the service you can expect to receive.
Dr Flavio Nicolich, Specialist
Dr Daniel Saco-Vertiz, Specialist
SOUNDS INTERESTING? CONTACT US
For additional information or to schedule an appointment with one of our Specialists, please contact us. Leave us a message asking for a video call or a regular call, and we’ll be back with you shortly.
On the other hand, if you use WhatsApp, then this is safe, fast, and effective for rapid communication.
Sorry no comment yet.