May 4, 2021
Calf Implants & Calf Augmentation Lloyd|calf augmentation lima peru, Calf implants, dr daniel sacovertz, english speaking plastic surgeon lima peru, plastic surgery in lima
Calf implants are a modern surgery designed to help improve the volume of the calves in patients who require them. Thanks to this intervention, great results can be obtained and calf volume increased.
The calves are muscles that provide great aesthetics and definition to the lower legs. However, there are many causes that impair or prevent the growth of this muscle.
This can be caused by hereditary factors, illness, or stagnation in muscle hypertrophy, despite having a healthy life.
What is a calf implant?
It is a surgical procedure used to provide greater volume and better tone to the lower leg area.
To do this, silicone gel or silicone elastomer prostheses are used, the latter being the most rigid. These implants are normally custom-designed according to the specific case of each patient.
Who can have this intervention?
Calf implants treatment is aimed at men and women who want to improve the aesthetics of their calves because:
- Despite exercise and healthy eating, they have little muscle development in the calf area. This muscle is one of the most difficult to grow. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to resort to cosmetic surgery.
- Due to illness, your muscles have undergone irregular wear and tear.
- They have a muscle imbalance from birth problems.
How are calf implants performed?
This is an outpatient procedure and has very few risks associated with it.
- First, it is necessary to assess the specific conditions of the patient. We understand that each patient has different needs and tastes. Subsequently, our specialist will propose the best options according to the patients needs.
- The prostheses are pre-designed by our specialists, considering different shapes and volumes according to what the patient needs and wants.
- On the day of the operation, the procedure will not be complicated and will take about an hour. Dr Daniel SacoVertiz, a specialist in plastic and cosmetic surgery, will make an incision in the natural crease behind the knee. He will proceed to create a pocket where he will place the implants.
- Finally, and once In a stable position, the incision will be closed with stitches and a bandage will be placed to reduce discomfort and swelling.
For the first few days, it is advisable to have your legs elevated to reduce swelling and discomfort. Also, the patient will possibly need help getting up and going to the bathroom.
After the first two days, you will be able to remove your bandages and begin to walk around your house. It is important to follow all the instructions given by your doctor to guarantee a correct recovery and reduce the risk of scarring.
However, during the second and third weeks after surgery, the patient will be able to walk regularly. The skin will begin to stretch and the bruises will fade as the days pass.
After a month, he, or she, can start doing activities and physical exercise such as running, cycling, lifting weights, and other regular activities.