September 14, 2020
A brow lift, sometimes called a forehead lift or even forehead rejuvenation, is a cosmetic procedure to raise the brows. The purpose of a brow lift is to improve the appearance of the forehead, the brow, and the area surrounding the eyes by raising the soft tissue and skin of the forehead and brow.
Why is a brow lift needed?
Aging typically causes the brows to sag and move down. As skin and soft tissues lose elasticity as we age, the distance between the eyebrows and eyelashes becomes shorter, or smaller.
For example, a lower position of the eyebrows can make you look tired, angry, or even sad. A brow lift can raise the eyebrows and restore a refreshed, rejuvenated look.
Subsequently, you might consider a brow lift if you have a low or sagging brow that’s contributing to sagging upper eyelids. Maybe this can be combined with blepharoplasty to improve the look of the eyes too and remove excess fat and sagging skin.
The Next Step
Firstly, you’ll talk need to make an appointment to see our plastic surgeon specialist. During your first visit, he will likely:
- Review your medical history. Tell us if you are allergic to any medications or are currently taking any medications
- Do a physical exam. To determine your treatment options, the specialist will examine and measure different parts of your face with your eyes open and closed.
- Discuss your expectations. Please explain why you want this treatment, and what you’re hoping for in terms of results and appearance after the procedure.
How is it Performed
Above all, the surgical technique varies depending on your desired results and what the doctor recommends at the consultation and examination. There are three principal options for proceeding with this surgery.
- Endoscopic brow lift. In this case, several small incisions are made behind the hairline. The forehead tissues are lifted and then anchored in place.
- Coronal brow lift. In this type of lift, an incision is made across the top of the head, behind the hairline in order to lift the forehead into its new position.
- Finally, a hairline brow lift is often used if someone has a high receding hairline. Small amounts of skin and tissue from the top of the forehead are removed.
After Treatment Care for Brow Lift
Later, and as the incisions heal, you will probably experience itching and some numbness, which will lessen over time. If bandages are used, your doctor will likely remove them in one to three days after treatment. Sutures are typically removed within seven to 10 days of surgery.