February 25, 2021
Bariatric Surgery & Tourism in Peru Lloyd|bariatric surgery in lima, dr miguel li, gastric bypass in lima, Sleeve Gastrectomy, weight loss treatments in peru
Surgery in Peru is your best ally so that you can safely combine tourism in Peru before your bariatric surgery treatments. We provide an excellent service for patients who want to explore Peru and at the same time, receive quality care in a modern and safe clinic.
Bariatric Surgery and Tourism in Lima
In recent years, medical tourism has increased significantly. However, with the arrival of coronavirus in the country, it has slowed things down considerably.
However, that doesn’t stop us! We care about the health of all our patients and staff, so we have strengthened our biosecurity protocols. We are rigorous in complying with the laws of the land and continue to attend to our patients’ needs.
Peru is such a wonderful destination! It is rich in culture, history, gastronomy and its capital, Lima, is based on the coast. Naturally, visiting touristic destinations in Peru needs to be done before any surgery. There are many things to do and see in the entire country. Please let us know what your preferences are, what you would like to see and do, and we’ll set it up for you.
Dr. Miguel Li, specialist
The clinic is located in the heart of San Isidro, one of the safest and most beautiful districts of Metropolitan Lima, the capital of Peru.
Our specialist Dr. Miguel Li is a member of the Peruvian Society of General Surgeons of Peru. (SPCG). He has experience in medical tourism for patients that come to us from all over the world.
Dr. Li meets all the standards of specialization and has more than 20 years of experience performing bariatric surgeries.
There are two principal treatment options for bariatric surgery in Lima:
- gastric bypass surgery: involves creating a small pouch from the stomach and connecting the newly created pouch directly to the small intestine, ‘bypassing’ the rest.
- gastric sleeve surgery: removes a large portion of the stomach, helping you feel fuller with much less food.
What is included in our Medical Tourism package?
- Round trip transfers from Lima airport.
- Transfers to the clinic for your appointments.
- The initial consultation and Surgical Risk exams
- Minimum of 2 nights in the clinic to monitor the patient after the operation.
- Abdominal ultrasound.
- General anesthesia.
- Operation Room.
- Attention by trained personnel 24 hours a day at the clinic.
- Post-operative evaluation, rigorous control, and continual monitoring.
What does the medical tourism package not include?
- Round-trip air ticket.
- Although extremely rare, there could be additional costs in case of complications.
- Services not related to bariatric surgery.
During the last 10 years, many of our patients stay with our friends Emma and Alfonso. They offer cosy apartments in the heart of Miraflores, one of the most beautiful districts of Lima, and only 10 minutes to the clinic. Emma speaks good English and is very friendly. She can help with money exchange, shopping, getting around, and meals can be provided, too.