February 13, 2023
LASIK Eye Surgery 2023 Lloyd|lasik lima peru, lasik lima peru, Lasik vision correction
LASIK eye surgery is a modern procedure ideal for patients that have problems with their vision. Thanks to this surgery, it is possible to correct these problems and forget about wearing glasses or contact lenses.
There are various pathologies that can affect our vision, such as myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, among others. These eye conditions are very uncomfortable and can get worse over time.
Of course, you can use glasses or contact lenses to improve your vision. However, if you want to completely eradicate these eye problems, the best option is LASIK eye surgery.
What is LASIK eye surgery?
Eye problems are caused by the disparity between the shape of the cornea and the length of the eye. In cases like these, LASIK eye surgery is ideal to fix it.
This surgery uses a special type of laser to correct the curvature of the cornea. In some cases, it is necessary to flatten the curvature and in others to make it more pronounced. This will improve the patient’s eyesight.
Likewise, LASIK eye surgery is the best known, most trusted, and most frequently performed.
How is LASIK eye surgery performed?
First, our specialist Dr. Raúl Vargas must personally evaluate the patient. The surgeon will evaluate the detailed measurements of the eye and determine the best laser technology for the patient.
Important fact: If you are a patient who wears contact lenses, you must remove them 5 days before your initial appointment with our specialist.
LASIK eye surgery is performed a day or two after the exams and consultation. This procedure is outpatient and takes just a few seconds for each eye.
The goal is to reshape the cornea to correct the patient’s vision. With each pulse of the laser beam, a small amount of corneal tissue will be removed. This will flatten or sharpen the curvature of the cornea.
Finally, you will be ready to enjoy your new and improved, crystal-clear vision. And be free of glasses!
Who is LASIK eye surgery for?
- LASIK eye surgery is for people who have a moderate degree of refractive error.
- The patient should not have any vision problems such as conjunctivitis, dry eyes, infections, etc. These issues can affect the way the eyes respond to surgery.
- It is important to be over 18 years old.
- The patient must be in good health. Surgery is not recommended in patients with uncontrolled degenerative or autoimmune diseases.
- The patient’s cornea should be thick enough.
- There are certain side effects that can affect the patient, such as dry eyes and temporary visual disturbances. However, these usually disappear after a short period.
- However, you will see an immediate improvement in your vision.
- Dark sunglasses must be worn for the first days after treatment.
- You may feel a slight burning, stinging, or watering sensation for a few hours.
- If there are discomforts, our specialist will recommend mild analgesics to control it.
Sounds, great? Make an appointment!
If you are interested in an appointment for the evaluation, please contact us. We are also on WhatsApp for additional information or to schedule an appointment.
Sorry no comment yet.