May 20, 2022
Closed Rhinoplasty Lloyd|closed rhinoplasty, dr daniel sacovertz, rhinoplasty lima peru, rhinoplasty no cuts
A closed rhinoplasty procedure is one of the best known and most preferred surgical procedures. This intervention not only allows to correct the aesthetics of the nose but also functional problems, achieving a beautiful and healthy nose.
What is a closed rhinoplasty?
Closed or endonasal rhinoplasty is a less invasive procedure to reshape the nose. It consists of making small incisions inside the nostrils to access the bone and cartilage. Unlike an open rhinoplasty, the skin is not shed from the nasal structure.
Its main objective is to sculpt the nose, reducing or modifying the bone or cartilage to modify the shape. Therefore, the entire procedure is performed inside the nostrils. Consequently, it does not leave visible scars and recovery is much faster.
Am I A Candidate?
This procedure is ideal for simpler rhinoplasty cases. Moreover, the surgeon must work with limited movement and visibility. Therefore, this procedure is ideal when:
- The sides of the nose do not have such noticeable differences.
- The nose has facial asymmetry.
- There is deviation of the septum.
- You want to correct the width of the nose.
- The hump is going to be modified.
- The back needs to be lowered, but without making big changes.
- It is not essential to make changes to the tip of the nose.
- There is a previous rhinoplasty and a refinement is required (secondary rhinoplasty).
- The changes are relatively simple and do not require an internal maneuver that warrants a broader vision.
How is a closed rhinoplasty performed?
The first and most important thing is the evaluation with one of our specialists. The needs of the patient, the degree of technical difficulty and the objectives of the intervention must be evaluated and clear.
- The procedure is normally performed in the O.R under general anestesia.
- On the day of surgery, the treatment area will be cleaned. Then, a local anesthetic and a sedative will be given to numb your nose and the areas around it.
- Next, two small incisions are made inside each nostril to gain access to the cartilage and bone. From there, our specialist removes the nasal hump without the need for a hammer or chisel. Most importantly, the nose is corrected according to what the patient requested. Finally, sutures are made with absorbable stitches.
- Later, nasal splints are placed to provide support and firmness while the nose heals. In addition, sterilized adhesive tapes are placed on the outside. In some cases, a cast is put on the out part of the nose to help healing.
Closed rhinoplasty is characterized by having a fairly fast healing time. In addition, the bruises begin to disappear after only a few days. On the other hand, it is possible to resume work activity between seven and ten days after the procedure.
The results will be noticed as healing begins and the swelling of the face disappears. It is important to follow all the recommendations of the specialist to have a speedy and safe recovery.
INTERESTED? GET IN TOUCH!
For additional information or to schedule an appointment with one of our Specialists, please contact us. Leave us a message asking for a video call or a regular call, and we’ll be back with you shortly.
On the other hand, if you use WhatsApp, then this is safe, fast, and effective for rapid communication.
Dr Daniel Saco-Vertiz, specialist, Chacarilla – Surco branch
Dr Flavio Nicolich Luque, specialist, San Isidro branch
Sorry no comment yet.