September 15, 2016
Breast augmentation, boob jobs and breast enlargement is also correctly known as augmentation mammoplasty. This is a process to increase the size of the breasts with the surgical placement of breast implants. These help to increase the fullness, improve symmetry and also restore the volume of the breasts. Breast augmentation includes the following steps:
The specialist doctor will recommend the best choice for you. This will either be intravenous sedation or general anesthesia
You will discuss where the most appropriate area is to make the incisions for the implant placement. These will be in the most inconspicuous areas to minimize visible scarring. There are normally three options:
Incisions vary depending on the type of breast implant, size desired, your anatomy and also the patient-surgeon preference.
- Inserting and placing the breast implant
After the incision is made, the breast implant is inserted in to the pocket, either under the pectoral muscle or directly behind the breast tissue over the pectoral muscle.
- Closing the Incision
Incisions are closed with layered sutures in the breast tissue. Skin adhesive and surgical tape may be used to help close the skin. Over time, these lines will fade considerably.
The results of breast augmentation surgery are immediately visible. Soreness will take some days to pass and it is important to stay in Lima at least one week for this procedure to allow for follow-ups and discharge
- Interesting Facts:
- You will only need 5 – 7 days off work.
- You can try different boob sizes before deciding on one.
- You can’t go from small to huge all at once!
- You are not a great candidate for breast augmentation if you have a history of breast cancer in the family.
- You have a choice of implants to choose from – silicone or saline.
- Our specialist, Dr Julio Daniel Kirschbaum has 30 years of experience and has performed many successful breast treatments.
See other treatments by searching our blog, or click here for the website